Tuesday, October 25, 2011

BJ (Barbara) Redmond

I first found BJ's work on E-bay. After seeing more than one painting of a sidesaddle nature, I tried to contact her for a more personal interview. Since then, I have come to believe that she is more popular than I first realized, so I imagine she must get quite a few requests like mine. For that reason, I have instead copied and pasted her own biography off of her web site:
http://barbara-redmond.artistwebsites.com/

I am happy to share with you the art and biography of BJ Redmond in her own words:

I am a natural self-taught artist specializing in equine (horse) artwork. I especially enjoy doing acrylic and watercolor paintings. My work is original, clean fresh colors and although impressionistic, leans heavily on the realistic side. I am 69 years old and started painting and selling in 2006. I am delighted to learn I can do this. It is a wonderful outlet and lots of fun.


I am married, have 2 grown children and 4 cute grand kids. I raised horses for about 19 years, but now I live in the city and only paint them. I have 3 beautiful Maltese dogs which I love to paint and photograph.


My work is in private collections in several other countries, as well as all over the USA. I display a small gallery in a local doctor's office, a doggy training center, and have an ebay store. I also am gallery-represented by Ledge Craft Lane, Grand Ledge MI and The Walking Horse Art Gallery, Lansing MI. I don't profess to know anything about art, I simply paint what is in me with love and emotion...horses horses and more horses. To God be the glory, for any talent I exhibit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

did i not respond to a request by you? so sorry! however, i love being on your website. how very kind of you. bj redmond