Sunday, September 30, 2012

A Difficult Decision..

.. with so much thought and prayer - we have decided to pull Sport from the NTASHA show.  He is just not ready.

A couple of things concerned me - starting from the day we shot the videos of him outside.  Margaret was recording it with her I-pad and on the first round, he spooked at it and jumped off the rail.  Although it was a huge movement, I did not come off, but he certainly did startle me a bit.  My incorrect reaction was to dig my left leg into his side and 'hunker down' a bit.  I need to be more aware that that is a very real possibility, especially in the show ring.  This alone did not phase me though.

This morning on my way to the lesson, I had that uneasy feel you get deep down inside.  I prayed thanking the Lord for His protection and the protection of all at the barn, as I was unsure of why I was feeling the way I was.

Arriving at the barn, I first rode Chip aside.  I usually ride Rose but she had thrown a shoe.  Chip was a bit sluggish at first, but rose up and we had a nice work out. 

The guys got Sport ready and put on his show bridle.  Sport was ready for training when he was 3...the exact time we found out my husband was ill.  I made the decision to pull all the horses shoes and turn them out for the year.  One year turned into 2 when my Father became ill and I spent a lot of time with him.  Because of that Sport did not get started with training until he was over 5.  Saddlebred shows allow the horses to wear training bridles up to a certain age, but by the time Sport was broke to ride, he was past that age.  Now, at the age of  6, (turning 7 the first of January) he is expected to wear a full Weymouth bridle with consistes of 2 bits, a curb and a snaffle along with the standard 4 reins. 

Although Sport was wearing the most conservative 'baby curb' bit today, he has just not had enough time to adjust to the different feel.  I love Sport so much and over the last 19 months he has gone from only being broke to lead, to being broke to lunge, long line, drive a cart, broke to saddle with 3 gaits, being broke to ride with 5 gaits, carry an amatuer rider and then carry an amatuer rider sidesaddle.  With almost every task, when he gives signs of not understanding what is asked of him, he does it without anger or tantrum.  For this I am so thankful..

Well, Sport is still showing those signs with the double bridle.  He is just not ready and although I was so excited to debut him at this show, it looks like it will have to wait until December's TASHA show.

Ironically, my Knoud sidesaddle is scheduled to arrive on Wednesday - back from Lillian after the massive repair job she had to do on it.  I needed to leave for the show Wednesday morning, so I likly would have missed getting it. 

On top of that, the new suit fabric did not get to Cindy in time for her to complete it either....

...so how many signs do I need ...ha ha .. well truly, it was the one from Sport that I listened to the most.

On my way home I happened to notice that anxious uneasy feeling I had was gone.   "....all things work for good to those who love the Lord.."   Thank you Lord for opening my eyes to see, my ears to hear and my heart to feel.

11 comments:

Claire said...

You must feel sad to miss this big show, but Sport is really lucky to have such a respectful owner as you.

Justaplainsam said...

I completely understand, the good news is that you have lots of shows in front of you, and you may have improved Sport's chances for a great first show, when ever that happens.

Michelle said...

Good choice Julie! Always best to put your horse first. Next year he will be ready!

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on your blog and enjoyed this a great deal. I appreciate your sensitivity to the Lord in all that you do and the talking to him through the daily and momentary things. Wish I could see you ride Sport. Did your Mare get in foal to the pinto ?

Julie said...

While I am sure Britty is in foal, I have not had her checked. She has never failed to catch when bred.

Anonymous said...

[b][url=http://www.louisvuittonwalletsmall.com/]www.louisvuittonwalletsmall.com[/url][/b] These are generally the amongst greatest expense possibilities in India for someone searching for extended time period expenditure due to the fact it presents significant returns in excess of longer time period. It can be one of many riskiest financial investment options to opt for as the hazard of loss of capital is quite higher. This avenue can be perfect for the NRIs to invest in.

[b][url=http://www.outletonlinestore.co.uk/]louis vuitton purses[/url][/b] Also, simply because there may be unquestionably no ash contain, you are able to not burn holes within your shirt similar to the ashes does. The eCig is flameless, for that reason you do not have to worry relating to ash or hearth. Nevertheless, with the idea in the electric cigarette there exists slightly LED mild that whenever you inhale, it illuminates to copy the hint of the real cigarette..

[b][url=http://www.uggukwebsite.co.uk/]uggs sale[/url][/b] No matter one's private preference with regard to taste, just about all people would concur that they get pleasure from providing something distinct to their pals and family members through an enjoyable night BBQ. The expense of a smoker grill will vary in line with the dimension and model selected. Nonetheless, a family dimension grill can usually be observed in a reasonable rate if a single shops properly.

[b][url=http://www.toplouisvuittonhandbags.co.uk/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] At present the LV Monogram Multicolore are a crucial aspect of our wardrobe and manner modifications very quickly, so we need improve our wardrobes rapidly. We will experience our on the web save to pursue the well-known style on the designer replica bags. This site constantly upgrades inventory swiftly to provide us the latest Louis vuitton handbags, and also warranty the substantial excellent..

[b][url=http://www.bestbagsonlinestore.com/]louis vuitton handbags[/url][/b] Therefore if the tag shows the title of a place, which is commonly recognized for solutions of mass producing, steer clear of buying it. Secondly, test the cost. Should the price is too under the typical price of these types of bags, then the products can be fake a person. Seriously. Avoid drinking an excessive amount of, even an excessive amount drinking water. You don want to have to excuse your self to go to the restroom and depart your guest twiddling his or her thumbs.

Anonymous said...

get cheap JREOBYNV [URL=http://www.camera--lenses.com/]canon 75-300 iii[/URL] for more HEktrbOF [URL=http://www.camera--lenses.com/ ] http://www.camera--lenses.com/ [/URL]

Anonymous said...

aAlw michael kors outlet
pSiy lisseur ghd pas cher
eIls north face outlet store
6jWgl ugg uk
1bUga Michael Kors

Anonymous said...

uTgl ghd hair straightener
zQjw cheap ugg boots uk
qRvz michael kors outlet
4eAci GHD
9iGuy burberry on sale
0oSoz bottes ugg pas cher
6eSkp ghd hair straighteners
8sYqp discount louis vuitton
2iWcp michael kors sale
3wQql ghd outlet
5vThu ugg boots
5jImg cheap nfl jerseys
2kYdb michael kors bags
1oGbm ghd lisseur
2cMoo ugg boots

Anonymous said...

xYqm cheap ghd australia
pXlh ugg uk
uUzq michael kors outlet
6nJsh ugg boots uk
3fSjz chi
3qLti michael kors bags
6hWgg cheap nfl jerseys
9gLkp ghd hair straighteners
7dZbm cheap north face
3oHzk botas ugg
0lMxi ghd straighteners sale
0uDbr michael kors purse
2wRjr nfl shop canada
4nMyh planchas ghd baratas
1iQwn cheap ugg

Anonymous said...

click to view XmshPWYL [URL=http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/]knockoff designer handbags[/URL] for less QCJXGDMf [URL=http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/ ] http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/ [/URL]