Thursday, January 19, 2012

New .. Old Ads

I continue to find bits and pieces of historical sidesaddle information and save them. When I have a handful and feel like it is enough to make for a nice post, I do exactly what I am doing here.. share them with you. If you watch E-bay, you know as I do, that the same items seem to always be available. But every once in a while a unique item pops up. Enjoy the new, yet old ads using a riding aside image

Ohh - look how cute. This one is for Baking Powder.

This beauty is a cigar label. This would be a great subject for a decoupage project.

This one is for chewing tobacco...

..and here is a sidesaddle ad for .. you guessed it, a sidesaddle!

This ad is made in the form of a stamp... but not a postage stamp.

This one is for writing papers. The art is done by Henry Hutt, one of the artists I did a post on last year.

..and this one is for cigarettes. (yuck!)

2 comments:

Michelle said...

You find the neatest things Julie! Thanks for sharing!

SmartAlex said...

LOVE the first one. Broadhead Mills was in our town.