Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Toys - Part 2

Today, I wanted to look at some toys that are purchased .. but not exactly with the intent to be played with ~ yes that is right.. the collectible toys!

This may look like a Breyer type of a toy,... but I guarantee that it is not. Since starting this blog, I have had the privilege of meeting several seriously talented miniature doll artists. They recreate tack all the way down to the minute details.


These small lead figures were the feminine answer to the toy soldier! Made is the late 1800's, the nice ones (like these) are highly collectible!



At first glance I thought this was one of those American Girl dolls. It is not though as the head, hands and feet are made of porcelain. I still have not decided if I like her or not...

..and this has to be the crem de la crem of collectible sidesaddle toys fetching over $3000.00 at auction recently!

No comments: