Friday, January 28, 2011

Just For Fun Friday!

The biography posts are by far the most time consuming ones I do.. but yes - I love them too. I feel like it gives us a small peek into their world! I will try to do at least one more next week...

..but for today - I wanted to do something fun (and easy!) ... and in light of yesterday when I showed you a picture of a zebra being ridden aside... well today, I have a picture of a camel! There is absolutely no information included with this picture. I found it on e-bay under antique photographs...but thought you would get a kick out of it anyway! .. I understand that it is slightly questionable ... but doesn't that look like 2 feet on this side of the picture??




















This is the picture Kippen found!!

3 comments:

kippen64 said...

He isn't riding side-saddle but I did find a photo of a lady riding a camel side-saddle. It is here.

Anonymous said...

Camels are ridden aside by both men and women. The saddles are made so you can ride both aside and astride, but it is generally easier to balance aside with the camels swaying motion.

Oregon Equestrian said...

Looks to me like he has his right leg around the "pommel" and hooked his right foot behind his left calf.

I'd ride however I could stick on.