Tuesday, May 25, 2010

31. Anita Wallace

my name is Anita and I live in the South Island of New Zealand - Lord of the Rings country!
I have ridden off and on for about 15 years now. I started riding sidesaddle about 2 years ago. I have a mixed breed 8 yr old mare called "Molly" who is such a gem and will have a go at anything with me. Sidesaddles are very rare in New Zealand and hard to find. But with luck I found an old one that fitted Molly (who takes a wide gullet). Once I had a go I was well and truly bitten by the sidesaddle bug, so I passed my old sidesaddle onto a friend to get her started and ordered a brand new one from Wendy Tidbold in Australia. Our goal is to show aside and also to ride dressage sidesaddle. I have attached two pictures of us. The one in the dusty arena is our very first sidesaddle lesson 2 years ago. The pik in front of the barn is me trying out my new sidesaddle the day it arrived. I think I had it on Molly before the mailman had left our driveway! lol

No comments: