Wednesday, August 26, 2009

While I am FORCED to Recover...

..I used this time to send my sidesaddle away to be restored. I knew when I
purchased it, it would have to be restored. A few seams were pulling apart, one of the horns had some wear in the leather, making it look more like suede than leather and the panels were 'odd' looking to me.

I sent my saddle to:
Lillian ? (sorry I forgot her last name)
Heritage Tack &Saddlery
420 Green Street
Willows, Ca. 95988

She came HIGHLY recommended by so many people that did not know each other, that I chose her over the very few others who are qualified to do this kind of work.

I sent her my saddle 3 weeks ago. She was very forthcoming that there were 2 saddles in line before mine, but promised to have it back to me by October. I hope it comes a bit earlier since I am so new at riding and need much practice before I show! She is going to send me before and after pictures along with a write up about my saddle...which I will share with you all! She already told me my Champion and Wilton saddle was made between 1890 and 1910. I can't wait to see it!

3 comments:

WarPony said...

How exciting, I can't wait to see how it looks when it is all done and read her write up.

Hosanna said...

Wow, what a treasure of a saddle! Can't wait to see it in it's restored glory!

phaedra96 said...

I am so excited for you. Always wanted to ride sidesaddle but never could find a saddle that fit my horse, or the horse fit the two I did find. The ones I saw were made for a more thoroughbred type than a drafty fatso like I have. So, I follow your blog and hope the best for you and as you recover from your surgery. Cannot wait to see the saddle all redone!!