Thursday, April 18, 2013

How About Some Fun?

With all of the stressful things going on in our country - the Boston bombing and the West, TX. explosion, and what is going on  for us personally, our son in law being deployed and just so much more personal stresses...well, I am just in the mood to go into dream mode....so here are some dreamy ideas for home decorating and special touches for a party - all with that Equestrian feel!!!

Take a deep breath .... exhale.... and enjoy!

So here is a drawing of the home we would love to build on the back of our farm - only to make it more aesthetically pleasing with our white and black barn, we have decided it would be better as a white home with black shutters - a more Southern house feel

 ..I love sconce light fixtures - again the fixtures on the walls give a home an older more established feel.
 How about this for the back door?  I believe it is a gardening boot, but to us, it also looks like a rubber riding boot!
 Al over the house - there will be signs of horse love... tucked in here and there...
 even the guest room will have a bit of a ranch feel..
 Who would not love to have these to pull out when a drink is served to a friend?
 .. ingenious...
 ..and it rains in Texas...so we would need a place to put our wet umbrellas..
 ..and okay - I admit it - this has nothing to do with anything equestrian ..other than using it to wash off dirt from riding and grooming..but hey - I just love it anyway!!
 ..and this magnificent photo - Oh my ... wouldn't this look amazing just about anywhere in my dream home???

5 comments:

Claire said...

Nice finds. I especially enjoyed the last picture, and the spurs-toasts rack. ;)

Anonymous said...

I just couldn't depart your website before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual information a person provide in your guests? Is going to be back regularly in order to check up on new posts

My homepage: dental implants costs

KYSam said...

The coasters wouldn't be all that hard to make. They look like heavy cloth that's been machine embroidered. My grandma does T-shirts like that, and it's easy enough I can fumble my way through it. You may want to see if there's anyone in the stitch-and-bitch circles that could do so!

Julie said...

Stitch and Bitch? hee hee... kudos to whomever thought of that name!

Anonymous said...

Visit Your URL order propecia canada - propecia blind date