Monday, January 20, 2014

Adding To My Collection....Again!

I have amassed 2 (very) small collections of Sidesaddle related items, unless you count the fact that I have several saddles!  One is of antique stirrups and the other is what every sidesaddle rider desires :  BOOKS!!!

For the past 3 years I have been looking for a copy of the out of print art book of Alfred De Dreux that was (ahem) AFFORDABLE!

...and I could hardly believe my eyes when I found one.  I know everyone has their own favorite equine artist and indeed there are several amazing ones, but Mr. De Dreux suits my visual palate to a T!  This book contains many prints of paintings by him I have never seen - both sidesaddle related and not.  I spent well over an hour pouring over this wonderful book and I could not even read it because it is only publised in French!

2 comments:

SmartAlex said...

Jealous!

Patrinas Pencil said...

:) Guess you bought it just for the art! Nice find!