Sunday, December 9, 2012

...and More News..

The difficult decision has been made to bring Sport home.  It is really a quite long and boring story, but as most of you know my husband had to leave his job in order to take a very intensive treatment for Hepatitis C.  The 3 drug treatment lasted almost a full year.  Once he had completed the drugs, (early September) he contacted his old job and they told him they were extatic and that yes, they wanted him to come back to work.  ..... but they never would actually give him a start up date.  Very very agrivating - to say the least.  We just found out that the owners sold the business.

That did not stop my sweet husband.  He started to beat the streets and was even willing to commute out of town for the right job.  Although many companies seem to be very interested, he still has not confirmed and started to work again. 

I wanted to take the pressure off of Don and if there was ever a good time to give Sport a vacation, it is now... so I will keep you all posted!

This does not in any way mean that I will stop posting on my blog!

3 comments:

Angelina said...

Sport is obviously very talented and it's not the end. He will still have a wonderful career. I think the economy is very hard on all horse people right now, I know it's been a challenge for us, but it's just a bump in the road.

Julie said...

Thanks for the kind words Angelina!

Justaplainsam said...

It might be a good time for Sport to have a break anyways :) We often give our young horses a break over the winter. And the break on the pocket book helps too!