Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vacation Pictures..

While we were in Vermont, one of the things we did was visit the Shelburne Farms; one of the most unique museums I have ever seen.  Historic buildings were moved to this location and were either restored with as much of the origonal furnishings as possible or they were housing collections of many one of a kind antiquities well worth seeing... So instead of me rattling on and on about it.. let me just show you some of what we saw:

This building housed a huge collection of antique sleighs and snow mobiles.





..and this huge barn housed the biggest collection of carriages I have ever seen..

.along with some amazing other antique tack...
...but sadly - not even one single sideaddle... poo.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice photos, I live about 40 minutes south of Shelburne so I hope to be able to visit this place sometime. My landlady has a barn full of old vehicles, too, sadly not nearly as in good shape. There's a pony cart in there that she drove when she was a little girl.

Thanks for sharing!

SmartAlex said...

What a great opportunity! Shelburne Museum put out two exquisite gold sleigh ornaments featuring the sleighs in your 2nd and 5th photos. They are gorgeous! Sometimes I find them as necklace pendants or pins. I have 3 or 4 of them now and they go on a special ornament tree with my silver and gold Reed and Barton Carousel ornaments.