Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Great News Flash!!!

According to Kim Skipton, the head of the American Saddlebred Museum, her search has yielded NO women riders competing at the Kentucky State Fair World Championship Saddlebred show that rode a 5-gaited horse aside.  She has thus far researched all the way back to 1930.  She said she will continue to look, but I doubt that she will find anything.   Oh My Gosh - do you know what that means????  I could actually make a tiny bit of history with something I am madly passionate about!  Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!   ....AND thank you Sandy and Leslie!

2 comments:

Justaplainsam said...

Go Julie!

SmartAlex said...

I'm not suprised, and I'm glad you got Kim to do the research. You know I'm a trivia buff and have read everything about Saddlebreds I've ever gotten my hands on. I don't remember ever having read an historical account of a five gaited horse being ridden aside.

However, there is a short story based on such an occurance. If you haven't read it, I'm 99% sure its in Holiday Horses by Joan Gilbert (available through the museum)