Sunday, May 13, 2012

Emergency Stuffing Alterations..

Since I only had 2 weeks to work with Chippers before the next TASHA show and last week it was painfully obvious that the Owen sideaddle needed to have the stuffing altered in order to fit him.....I had to resort to emergency measures.. ..but before I tell you that story, let me back up. This is my Dad. He passed away last year and I miss him like crazy. Dad was a Neurosurgeon and I used to be a scrub tech and yes, I even scubbed into surgery with him several times.
When he passed, my 2 brothers and I had to go through his house, clean it out and ready it for sale. Some things you know you want to keep, some you know need to find new homes and others you are not sure about. One of those things was several operating instruments. I decided to keep them..NOT that I was planning on operating on anyone!
So, for the first time, out they came and I preformed emergency restuffing surgery on my saddle!
I carefuly made 4 slits into the linen, 2 in the front and 2 towards the back. I pulled quite a bit of wool out of the front and stuffed about 1/2 of it into the back slits.
I used a very strong embroydery thread to stich it back up.
I also hand stitched a felt pad to the back underside of my show saddle pad. Today was my riding lesson and thank you Jesus...the sidesaddle sat PERFECTLY horizonal on Chippers back!!! The show is next weekend, starting with an astride riding clinic on Friday night. I cannot wait. Also - the stitching held up perfectly during my ride this morning ...so all is GOOD!!!

No comments: