Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Historic Fashionable Colors

The Metropolitan Museum of Art & The Victoria & Albert Victoria Museum House an extraordinary collection of historic clothes. Although these are not riding clothes, I was struck by the beautiful color combinations and wonderful fabric textures!

This is the first one that caught my eye, likely due to the fact that I have considered pale blue as an option for my next habit....so Enjoy!




I have ridden in lace gloves, but even though not traditional riding attire... how about a lace jacket in the summer?

Now this is a real riding habit from 1825-29 from the Bath Fashion Museum.


Now...



Get ready to drool..



.. and I mean DROOL!








Oh I WANT!!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want that red coat!!! I love the colour and the design. I see what you mean. x

Heather NZ said...

LOVE the red coat. The yellow one reminds me of the one in Dr. Dolittle.

Danielle said...

I love looking at antique clothing, namely clothing from the 18th century! Thank you for the eye candy!