Friday, July 15, 2011

Show News!

Remember when I told you I was trying to go to a fun all-breed horse show on the 4th of July weekend? Remember also, that I had to cancel because my farrier was ill right when Oliver threw a shoe?

Well, the same group that hosted that show is having yet another on the 31st of July and YES.. Oliver and I plan on being there! I will ride in classes with my friends who also ride American Saddlebreds .. only they will be riding saddleseat. I can't wait!! It has been almost 2 years since I have been in any kind of show ring. who knows .. maybe it will attract another sidesaddle rider or two!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Exciting news!! I'm sure you guys will be awesome!

JJ said...

Yay, how exciting! I can't wait to hear all about the show :)

Cylly said...

I'm dreadfully late for your "please post something so I know you are out there", but "Hi" anyways! I am a real person who rides occasionally. I grew up riding ponies bareback until I outgrew them. Now I occasionally ride my backyard old-fashioned Morgan (who I saw as he was born over 20 yrs ago - there's nothing like raising your own). I ride astride but I did have the privilege of sitting on an aside saddle once at an aside society at an expo. It was nothing like I anticipated! No twisted back! So never underestimate your impact at events like Frontier Days. I just rediscovered your blog (I changed computers and lost the bookmark) and caught up on older posts. Keep the posts and pix coming!

Julie said...

Awwee!! Thank you so much guys!! These comments mean so much to me!