Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Toby Levy

While doing untold hours researching the art of riding aside, I, more than once have come across bits of information on a lady named Toby Levy.Sadly Toby passed away in 2007 after a bout with cancer. She was an extremely accomplished sidesaddle rider and had great success with her Anglo Arabian horses. I would like to know more about her. If you happen to have any information you could share, I would love to publish it here. It seems fitting, from what I have read, that she should be a part of this learning blog.

Toby riding a horse I believe is named 24 Karat.



3 comments:

SolitaireMare said...

Love those pictures!

The Zombie Chicken Award awaits you at my blog! Stop by and pick it up when you can! Enjoy!

SolitaireMare

Anita said...

Hi Julie,

I knew Toby when I was a kid and we did the Western States Horse Expo together in June 2002. Toby helped refine my technique (when I was still riding) and proofed my instruction guide for the sidesaddle clinics I put on years ago. The horse you mentioned is formally named Abbas 24 Karat, but she called her "Nugget." She was truly a great lady and is missed very much. If you'd like to contact me I can be reached at "skip n dance at yahoo.com" (just take out the spaces)

Anonymous said...

Greate article. Keep postingg such kind of info on your blog.

Im really impressed by your site.
Hey there, You have performed a great job. I will definitely digg it annd
for my part sugvgest to my friends. I'm confident they'll
be benefited from this web site.

Sttop by my website - หนังโป๊