Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Toby Levy

While doing untold hours researching the art of riding aside, I, more than once have come across bits of information on a lady named Toby Levy.Sadly Toby passed away in 2007 after a bout with cancer. She was an extremely accomplished sidesaddle rider and had great success with her Anglo Arabian horses. I would like to know more about her. If you happen to have any information you could share, I would love to publish it here. It seems fitting, from what I have read, that she should be a part of this learning blog.

Toby riding a horse I believe is named 24 Karat.



2 comments:

SolitaireMare said...

Love those pictures!

The Zombie Chicken Award awaits you at my blog! Stop by and pick it up when you can! Enjoy!

SolitaireMare

Anita said...

Hi Julie,

I knew Toby when I was a kid and we did the Western States Horse Expo together in June 2002. Toby helped refine my technique (when I was still riding) and proofed my instruction guide for the sidesaddle clinics I put on years ago. The horse you mentioned is formally named Abbas 24 Karat, but she called her "Nugget." She was truly a great lady and is missed very much. If you'd like to contact me I can be reached at "skip n dance at yahoo.com" (just take out the spaces)